At present deaf and hard of hearing people can access over 45,000 hours a year of Sky programmes which have been subtitled, including:
Sky News with 20 hours a day of subtitling. We also subtitle our 24-hour Sky Sports News channel
Major sports events across three of our Sky Sports channels, some of which include Premier League Football, golf, cricket and rugby
Sky One, with over 12 hours a day programming
All Sky Box Office movies, along with many of our movies on Sky Movies Premier, Sky Movies Max and Sky Movies Cinema
The Sky Travel channel is also subtitled
Blind and visually impaired customers can currently access over 3,000 hours of programmes which carry Narrative (audio description). Narrative is available on Sky One, three of our Sky Sports channels and on Sky Movies.
To obtain Narrative and/or Subtitles free of charge all you have to do is:
1. Select 'Services' on your remote
2. Select no 4 - System Setup
3. Select no 3 - Languages & Subtitles
4. Then for Narrative set Favourite Language / Audio to 'Narrative'
5. For Subtitles select your arrow key to 'On'
6. Arrow key down and 'Save New Settings'